Compassionate Advocacy For Adoptions
The adoption process provides a wonderful opportunity for people to grow their families and provide loving homes for thousands of children. At Bruce & Bruce of Muncie, we get to celebrate the joys of adoption on a daily basis, helping families across Indiana just like yours build their forever families.
Attorneys Steven and Rebecca Bruce understand personally that no two adoptions are the same, as they’ve been through the process four times themselves. They understand what a trying process this can be, and dedicate themselves to providing emotional, as well as legal support to their clients.
Rebecca Bruce provides legal representation to parties in “identified” adoption situations. Her practice is 100 percent adoption law. You will not have to worry about her being focused on her “other cases” and putting adoption cases on the backburner.
Rebecca Bruce does not provide “matching” services. For that, please visit Adoption Connections, a non-profit adoption ministry founded by Rebecca that represents expectant parents.
Handling All Types Of Adoptions
Our law firm can assist expectant parents and adoptive parents in all types of adoption settings, including, but not limited to:
- Foster parent adoptions for parents who have already been caring for children who found their way into the foster care system.
- Interstate adoptions, which can require additional paperwork and other legal hurdles, because it involves a child being adopted in another state.
- Step-parent adoptions for step-parents who wish to become the legal parents of their spouse’s children.
- Grandparent or other relative adoptions for relatives who need to step in to provide permanency and long-term stability for children in their families.
- Infant adoptions, whether representing adoptive parents matched independently or through an agency, or representing expectant parents who wish to make an adoption plan.
- Contested adoptions, when someone has objected to an adoption. In those circumstances when it is necessary to litigate, in many cases because a biological parent does not wish to terminate their parental rights, Steven Bruce joins your adoption legal team to handle the litigation details. He is an experienced litigator who will be able to forcefully advocate for you while keeping the focus on the child’s well-being.
Adoption involves a seemingly endless amount of paperwork, in which any mistake can lead to costly and time-consuming delays. Our attorneys understand the range of emotions that you will be experiencing during this time, and will be with you every step of the way. In addition to handling all of the legal paperwork to ensure accuracy, they can assist in helping their clients find adoption counseling services.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
We are honored to help clients on their journeys through the adoption process. If you would like to learn more about the legal requirements, we invite you to contact us today, either via email or by calling our office in Muncie at 765-876-3392 to schedule your consultation.
Rebecca founded Adoption Connections. This is a separate, not-for-profit organization founded by Rebecca that assists expectant parents with making adoption plans and receiving emotional and practical support throughout the entire process (both before and after placement) and which provides a monthly support group for adoptive parents.